Friday, May 20, 2011

Why does Todd Matthews fight so hard for Families with Missing Loved Ones?

How well do you really know Todd Matthews story?
Before you answer this ... it's only fair to say that you might want to "think" again as to if you really do ...
For - If you think you do ... you undoubtedly do know Todd Matthews/his story/himself ... for there's an enormous amount more to it than any of us could ever attempt to discover.


However at the same time if you think you don't really know Todd much of all, don't be so naive as to think that you soon will ... because without question - you still won't have that great of a grasp of Todd's story even after reading this here ...


Todd Matthews spruces up around the grave marker of "Tent Girl" on Feb. 15, 2008 in the Georgetown Cemetery in Georgetown, Ky.

In fact, you undoubtedly won't even be halfway towards knowing it even after reading up on everything you could possibly "google up" in a lifetime about Todd Matthews online.


Yet, there IS a few things you either already know by now (or quickly will learn about) for sure ...

That is that ... he's a wonder ... he's our hero ... he's our voice ... he's our friend ...

Todd Matthew's voice for those missing bellows clearly, at the loudest decibel, from even the highest, most remote mountaintop ...

Gifting our world with a call to action that not only crosses all borders, but is also universally heard and quickly embraced more than any other voice for the missing and unidentified before ... both by "missing persons world outsiders" to those with missing loved ones to everything and everyone between.

The "beginning-ish" of Todd's story can be located on the following link - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23858151/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

A peek behind the passion within Todd's voice is also located below, via his Missing Pieces show transcript ...

VICKI:  And thank God for volunteers like you, Todd.

TODD:  Well, we’ve got to try because I don’t want to be you, you know, this is really selfish, I don’t want to trade places with you.  I don’t.  I don’t want my children to have to stand in your shoes.  I don’t ever want anybody to have to stand in your shoes.  I can’t do anything about cancer; I can’t do anything about so many other plagues, but this one seems to be something that I can work in, so I think if I didn’t, it would be a sin for me not to.  I don’t think I could be happy with myself if I didn’t keep trying.

VICKI:  There are a lot of people that are grateful, Todd, that you’re out there doing this, truly.

TODD:  I’m trying and I wish I could do more and I feel guilty when I think that
there’s not enough done, you know, that there simply wasn’t enough
done.  I could do one of these a night rather than one a week but, you
know, I’ve got a 5 year old, I’ve got a 15 year old and it’s hard to get
it done…

VICKI:  Yeah.

TODD:  …but I’m thinking, “You can always do more.”

http://missingpiecesshow.homestead.com/MissingPiecesEpisode42Archive.html

**There have been times when I've personally been asked (on a peon level ;-) why I care so much about the missing and unidentified ... and the best answer that I can truly answer with is found above ...

To our Peace4 the Missing admin, Todd ... our hearts are busting with thanks for you.

Todd Matthews - Regional System Administrator, NamUs
Written and submitted by one of Todd Matthews many friends ... Sara Huizenga





 As posted on Peace4 the Missing


No comments:

Post a Comment